Sunday, March 22, 2009

Coaching and riding

I passed my Cat.2 cycling coaching exam so I am of course now a USA Cycling Category 2 coach. The seminar was awesome and it is great to have now scratched the surface of the science behind the sport.

In other not so hot news yesterday was a Granola bar, 2 Cliff bar, 2 Gu gel, banana, 3 bottles day. Me and my new teammates did half of the Emerald Necklace ride. In the middle we did the Chippewa race course at race pace and then headed down to the Covered Bridge race course and headed home for 95 miles. I felt great the whole way, but missed the clothes by one thin layer. I think we all know what that is like.

It was great to ride with them all. They are all in great shape and a fun bunch of guys and gals. A lot of Dewey's pizza was consumed after wards. Had we ridden another 5 miles I would have had a very rare 3000+ calorie day (and my first century since like 1989).

Also, Carbon Racing in cooperation with Paul Martin and Panther/RGF Racing Team, Snake Bite Racing and the hard work of Brad Hansen we are bringing back the Covered Bridge Race series on April 19, 26 and May 3rd. Please email or call me if you would like to volunteer with corner marshaling for about 3 hours on the 19th.

Malabar Farms starts my racing season on Saturday. I guess its time to break out the razor and race tires and wheels.

No comments: