Friday, February 22, 2008

A sad day for Motorsports

I have been a fan of auto racing since I was probably 5 or 6 years old. If I could do any profession I think I would pick professional race car driver. One of my favorite forms of racing was USAC Indy cars then Champ car. One of the darkest days was when Tony George (with the influence of Bill France Jr. and NASCAR at the Brickyard) announced that he was forming the Indy Racing League and taking the 500 away form the Champs car circuit. The INdy 500 now means nothing to me, where as it was the biggest deal to me in the 70's and 80's. Sadly I never went to the race myself when it was good.

Well today is dark day #2 for US open wheel racing, though I hope to eat my own words in the coming seasons due to this announcement today!! Read on!!

No comments: