Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thats what I was thinking!!



A few things on my mind!! First I finally found a fixie frame built exactly like how I envisioned a fixie for roadies should be done. Its not steel sadly (but light), but it has a sporty geometry, but with room for fenders and the proper braze-ons and drilling for racks, fenders, two brakes and is stylish. This is what I was talking about before.

I am still tossing around the idea of my own frame though. I just think it would be cool to have your own frame!! I am so back into cycling and all that that implies!!

Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite bike shop on Fox's Hot list. My votes in for Bike Authority.

Vote here: http://myfoxcleveland.cityvoter.com/SecureVote/Register.aspx?entry=24159

Hey, I commuted to day. Not a big deal, but what is is that right now its gonna be a strong tailwind home for a change!! Its funny, the wind doesn't bother me and most of the time I find it a benefit because it applies a force that constantly needs to be overcome. Like a TT effort and now racing on grass. Wow, even I know theres something seriously wrong with me when I say and I guess I mean, "the wind is my friend." Still. its gonna be fun (and real fast) riding home with a tailwind.



2 comments:

Gary Burkholder said...

That Felt is a pretty sweet ride. I'm not sure how I feel about the 120mm track hub spacing. If the frame had 130mm spacing, a 120mm hub could probably be made to work with an adapter. That might give us 'rodies' some more options in wheel selection if we were to build up a SS.

Or I could just realize that I will eventually need to get a track rear wheel...

My 2 $0.02

Ray Huang said...

Now I want a single speed option too so I can take it as a cross spare too!! Sadie's cross bike has regular brakes though!!

Its a no win Gary on the spacing. if its aluminum and 130 you cannot run a 120 and vice versa!! Only an old steel frame with 126 or 130 spacing is easily (no tools) squeezed from 120 to 130.

I wish I could just buy the frame set!! Keep looking on ebay!!